Why This Project? Why Now?

A long time ago (in internet years), I had a blog.  I was a "mommy blogger".  I wrote about my life and my kids.  I loved it.  It fulfilled me,  I was able to write and create content about what was important to me.  I met a community of amazing women who were in the same space as me.  We shared each other's triumphs and tragedies.

I was a writer.  I wrote every day.  I began to look at writing as a career, something that I could do "with the rest of my life".  It was during that time of active writing and surrounding myself with amazing women that I came up an idea to tap in to the amazingness.  I wanted to share stories.  I came up with a name for the project and I reserved the blogger domain.  I was going to do this project.  It was going to be amazing and would set the tone for what was to come in my life.

But as often happens, life got in the way.  My family needed my focus.  I stopped blogging and switched my focus to other matters.  I forgot about this project.  I went in other directions.

Fast forward several years, I started a new business.  This new business brought me into the path of amazing women.  I was doing fun things.  I was getting inspired and new ideas were sparking left and right.  But the underlying business was not the thing that was inspiring and was not going to take me where I wanted to go.

I was at a crossroads.  I could start something new, looking for the next thing and hoping it was the right thing.  My searching lead me to an exercise where you supposed to write down all of the things you wanted without placing any limitations on those dreams.  Some of the things that appeared on my list were:

  • write a blog
  • write a book
  • host a podcast
  • make videos
  • find amazing women
  • be an amazing woman
These things stirred something in the recesses of my brain.  "Didn't I want to do this before?  Oh yeah the Fridge Door Project!  I could do that again!"  So the inspiration struck again and the more I thought about it, the more I had to do it.  The fear that normally surrounds new decision making was gone.  I talked to people and they were receptive.  In fact they were excited and referred me to others.  The idea turned into a project.  

I had to do this.  I took the leap into the amazingness and amazing things started to happen.  

As I find and introduce you to the amazing women, I will be sharing my journey with you.  I am in the process of creating my own amazing.  You will get to see the struggles and the triumphs.  And I hope that this will encourage you to create your own brand of amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts